Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Big Brother 7

I love Big Brother. I have watched this show for a long time. If there is one thing you can count on in the summer season of television, for scandalous actions and trashy fun, it is Big Brother! There will always be someone on the show that you hate and someone to root for. For those of you that don't know anything about the show here is a brief summary:
CBS takes 12 people from different social backgrounds and throws them in a house with cameras everywhere. They have to evict roommates from the house every week until there are only two left. The last seven evicted houseguests then vote on who they would like to win the grand prize of $500, 000.00. The runner up gets $50,000.00. I guess they both come out winners in the end. The fun part of all this is that CBS cuts off all contact with the outside world. No TV, no phones, no writing utensils, nothing except each other. This sounds a lot like Survivor without the island right? The biggest difference (in my opinion) is that BB players get a house and food (if they win the food). Oh yeah...Survivor only lasts 39 days...BB lasts 3 months!

I'm telling you, these people go stark raving mad in this house. All they can talk and think about is the game. You can watch them unravel! It's sadistic but oh so much fun and to top it off Real Player offers Live Feeds of the house that you can watch 24/7. There are even cameras in the bathroom y'all! Nasty!

This year the producers have decided to do an all-stars version of the show. They will take 20 contestants from previous seasons and let America vote 6 of the 12 contestants into the house. The producers will pick the other 6. I strongly urge you to vote at the official website: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother7/. Even if you don't know the show or the people, you know me and it will make me very happy. I will be voting for: Danielle, George, Janelle, and Monica. If you had to pick one or two of the people I listed I would suggest George and Monica...the others are pretty much going to be on the show no matter what. If you want to see some examples of really cool clips from the show and live feeds go to: http://www.ilovereality.com/Bigbrother/youtube.html This is a great sample of all the previous seasons of the show!

I would also like to give a shout out to Angie and Scott who have started a pretty kick-ass podcast about BB7. Their link is already in my links section so check them out. I like this podcast, and blog in particular, because Angie is a long time viewer and Scott is a newbie. There is always someone you can relate to.

No comments: