Thursday, October 19, 2006


AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL
Bye Bye Bitch!!! pt 5




I am shocked. I think I must have woken up in some sort of alternate universe! This evening AJ (one of my favorites for winning this cycle) was voted off of ANTM. What the fresh Hell is that all about? To add insult to injury, she was actually up against Jaeda! Jaeda people!!! I think I just threw up a little.

(As usual: click on pics for larger image)



The episode started off well enough. We see the girls are still quite over Melrose. In the funniest moment of this cycle (so far) one of the other girls actually called her "Smellrose" when she was kissing up to a guest. I actually laughed out loud on that one! I think that is how I will refer to her from now on.



This is the episode when one of the girls "comes out of the closet". This is an ANTM tradition now. This cycle was a little different. It was one of the twins. I think the reason I an latching on to the twins is because they have an honest relationship. You can tell they honestly care about each other's well being. Michelle made an (what seemed to me) off handed comment about how she wasn't sure that she was straight. I think the whole situation was blown out of proportion. Anyway, Amanda sort of didn't react to the announcement. Later Michelle asked, "I did tell you that before, right?" Later in the episode the twins called their mother to warn her about what was said. The call went something like this:

Michelle: Hi mom! I have something to tell you that is sort of hard...
Mom: What is it?
Michelle: I sort of told everyone here that I might be gay.
Mom: Ok
(pause)
(Michelle breaks down crying and hands the phone to Amanda)
Amanda: Mom, what did you say to her???
Mom: Nothing!!!
Amanda (to Michelle): What's wrong?
Michelle (to Amanda): Nothing, (louder) I love you mommy!
Mom: We love her no matter what...
Michelle: Happy Mother's Day!



It was sweet and the twins obviously come from a very cool family. Later Michelle expresses concern that Amanda seems to be freezing up around people. "She isn't just being herself." Amanda expresses concern for Michelle: "I don't care what her sexual preference is! She's my sister and I love her." She tears up and explains that she wants her sister to be happy and she's worried that this declaration might have a negative effect on her life when the show is over.



These reactions are the most telling moments of the twins relationship. Michelle is the dreamer who lives her life on the edge (hoping for the best). Amanda is the worrier. She is the adult in the relationship. She is far more concerned with the long term outcome of things. In the context of the show, I think Michelle is the one who will come out on top because she lives in the moment and is comfortable with herself. Amanda (who wants this desperately) will accidentally shoot herself in the foot because she is so caring. I think she would gladly step aside as long as Michelle is happy in the end. Amanda is a truly kind person, but kindness isn't part of the modeling world and it could be her downfall.



Back to the show! Entertainment Tonight's host Mark Steines makes a guest appearance as "Host Coach". He tries to teach the girls how to do an excellent interview. Most of the girls choked in this class. Worst host award goes to Jaeda and Anchal. They really bit the big one. Best host award goes to Smellrose. You gotta give the girl credit. While the other girls are busy hating on her she is kissing ass all the way to final four.



Later the girls had to actually interview a celebrity: Janice Dickinson (who coined the term Supermodel)! It was nice to see her again. Oh how I miss her bitchy statements during the judging panels! She was very hard on the girls and most choked under pressure again. Of course Smellrose didn't let anything phase her. She ended up winning this competition. She got to actually be a guest commentator on Entertainment Tonight. She interviewed a lot of CW celebrities (including Tyra). I have to admit, she rocked it.



This week the girls had to pose for pictures with themselves. They each had to play both parts of famous celebrity couples. We got to see them do Brad and Angelina, Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston, Demi and Ashton and Oprah and Stedman (there were other too!).



The makeup for this challenge sucked! Anchal got the worst makeup for her "Stedman" shot! It was bad wig Hell and that is a shame.

In the end AJ got the boot. I want to go on record saying she did this to herself. Her photo sucked and her attitude sucked even worse! It was like once her friend Megg left she had no reason to go on. That is sad because she was my favorite to win. I would like to give Amanda a shout out for being called before Michelle this time.

Now for the fun stuff!

America's Cover Girl of the Week:

AJ



She may have lost her way this week but America still loves AJ!

Best Shot:

(tie)

Melrose and Michelle



I just couldn't decide which one I liked better. Both girls really "got it" this time. They seemed to be the only ones who had fun and really communicated their characters. Smellrose really got Donald Trump down! I could actually mistake Michelle for Ellen Degeneres in her shot (from a distance). I would also like to mention Carridee's Angelina Jolie. She looked great!

Most Improved:

Brooke



Brooke impressed me this week. She had no problem with the snake and her Kevin Federline is priceless. Bravo girl!

Annoying Bitch of the Week:

AJ



I can't believe I'm doing this but I really feel like it is true. AJ lost all interest in this competition and it showed. I was very offended at her eye rolling while in Panel. Whatever AJ. You have disappointed me.

See ya next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hope anchel goes soon too, of course jaeda as well. i think melrose looks like a hag, but she's turning out a good picture. i really like caridee. she reminds me of amy sho...like how she was always laid back, you know?
meg