Friday, September 15, 2006

Who will be the new Wonder Woman???



Joss Whedon (creator of Buffy and Firefly) has signed on with Warner Brothers to write and direct the new Wonder Woman feature length film. It will be Wonder Woman's origin story that we will see.

It is an exciting time for Wonder Woman. After committing one of the most shocking acts the DC universe (the "murder" of Max Lord) she has just been through the ringer. But now she has a new look and a new book written by OC creator Allen Heinberg. But all of that really doesn't effect Joss Whedon's film version.



The big question is who will play the Amazing Amazon??? I have heard of four serious contenders for the role. These are the people who have been rumored to either have the script or they are in "negotiations". I do not know if any of these actors are really being considered or if they are just rumors.

Rachel Bilson



I say girlfriend is way to young! I haven't seen her in anything but she's on The OC. She is the latest actor to be in negotiations.

Aishwarya Rai

My favorite choice from the beginning. I think it would be an awesome choice. I think she may be a little too old to play the part though! She is a former Miss World and is considered to be the "Most Beautiful Woman in the World" by many countries. She is known for her women's rights activism and her tolerance of all cultures. She is an excellent symbol for the modern Middle Eastern woman.

Priyanka Chopra



She's definitely the most interesting choice so far and has expressed interest in playing the part. I would be quite pleased with her. I think she is a little more action friendly than Rai. She is a Bollywood star but also an action star in India.

Morena Baccarin



Morena is the dark horse but is also already in with Whedon. She was a last minute replacement for a character in Whedon's Firefly series. I have a soft spot for her. On the DVD of serenity Joss says he was sorry that he couldn't keep more of Baccarin in the film and promises that he would "more than make up for it."

As a special treat:
This is a real blast from the past...a clip of Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter) and Wonder Girl (Debra Winger) doing the famous Wonder twirl!!! I remember this one vividly because of how funny I thought Wonder Girl's pony tail ribbons looked when she "transformed".




...more as I know...

No comments: