Tuesday, September 26, 2006

5 TV Shows You Should Give A Chance
(if you haven't already)

GREY'S ANATOMY

Grey's Anatomy was a mid season replacement in 2004. Thankfully for us it has been an ABC hit ever since. It was created by Shonda Rhimes and she is one of the first African-American women to create a hit show on a major network. It follows the lives of a group of interns in a Seattle hospital (Seattle Grace). This show is witty and heartbreaking at the same time. I am so a crack addict for Grey's Anatomy! My favorite characters are Dr. Bailey, Christina, Izzy and Dr Torres. Visit the official site here. Itunes episodes available in TV section.

LOST


Lost...uh...there is absolutely nothing I can tell you about this show without giving away a bunch of stuff you don't want to know yet! WATCH THIS SHOW! You definitely have to go buy or rent the first two seasons to appreciate the complexity of the show. It is basically the story of a group of strangers stranded on a remote island after a plane crash. The mystery is the island and the pasts of the characters. Nothing is what it seems.
Official site is here. Itunes episodes available in TV section.

HEROES


Heroes is a new show this fall on NBC. It premiered this past Monday. I don't have a lot to say about it because it just started, but I can say I was sooo wanting more after the pilot! It is the story of a group of strangers (common theme) who each wake up with some sort of super power. I know it sounds cheezy but I swear it isn't! Give it a shot!
Official site here. Now available on itunes !

VERONICA MARS


You all know how I feel about this show! I won't bore you with another gushing post! Of all the shows Veronica Mars is the one in most danger of being cancelled. Please...PLEASE give it a shot.
Official site is here. Not available on itunes yet!

WEEDS


What happens when a suburban housewife looses her husband and has no real job prospects? Well, in this version of the story she becomes the community weed dealer. I wasn't going to watch this show but I gave it a chance and just loved it. The cast is great and I really think you would enjoy it.
Official website is here. Itunes episodes available in TV section.

No comments: